Displays a set number of articles from a category based on date or random selection. Help
From North (Vancouver, Washington)
1. Take I-205 S toward SALEM (Crossing into OREGON).
2. Take the US-30-BYP E exit, EXIT 23A, toward SANDY BLVD.. 0.2 mi
3. Merge onto US-30 BYP. 2.0 mi M
4. Turn RIGHT onto NE 133RD AVE. 0.1 mi
5. 4350 NE 133RD AVE is on the LEFT.
From South (Oregon City)
1. Take I-205 N/VETERANS MEMORIAL HWY toward SEATTLE/THE DALLES.
2. Merge onto I-84 E/US-30 E via EXIT 22 toward THE DALLES. 1.4 mi
3. Take the 122ND AVE. exit, EXIT 10. 0.2 mi
4. Turn RIGHT onto NE 122ND AVE. 0.7 mi
5. Take the SANDY BLVD. ramp. 0.1 mi
6. Turn RIGHT onto NE SANDY BLVD/US-30 BYP. 0.5 mi
7. Turn RIGHT onto NE 133RD AVE. 0.1 mi
8. 4350 NE 133RD AVE is on the LEFT.
Most Festivals for Wat Buddhathammaram have a strong connection to Buddhist ceremonies. The word for festival in Lao is Boun (Boon). Every year Laos festivals dates change according to the lunar calendar and some festivals are celebrated at different times at different town and cities.
Help on the night of the full moon, this festival commemorates a speech given by the buddha to 1,250 enlightened monks who came to hear him without prior summons. In the talk, the Buddha laid down the first monastic regulation and predicted his own death.
Falling on different dates throughout the month so that people can exchange invitations with friends and families in different places to join in their celebrations this festival is a commemoration of the Jataka, the life story of Lord Buddha as Prince Vestsantara.
Boun Pimai Lao (Lao New Year)
Boun Haw Khaopadapdinh
This is a somber festival in which the living pay respect to the dead. Many cremations take place bones being exhumed for the purpose during this time, and gifts are presented to the Sangha so that monks will chant on behalf of the deceased.